Friday 13 April 2012

Farewell my friends

I feel like I have been doing a lot of travelling recently. Since deciding to go away for a few years, it has forced us to actually make plans to catch up with people which otherwise we don't see all that often.

First stop, Henley-on-Thames to see my grandparents. It was a bit of a mammoth journey from Edinburgh, but worth it to see good old Harold and Margaret. Grandma is 83 but nothing can keep this groovy gran away from technology, so no doubt she will have clicked through to this blog from Facebook (yes, that's right, Grandma is on Facebook!) Grandad will be 90 in June; we will miss the celebrations so I was glad to catch up with them before we go. I was joined in Henley by my Mum, sister and beautiful niece Priya. Us Rolles girls all work in schools/education so we left our men at home working and made the most of our half-term holidays. Priya loved the attention and pulling on her Great-Grandad's beard.





Second stop, Easingwold to see my old uni pal Justine. Justine and I lived together throughout uni, and she will be dearly missed. We had a great few days wandering around the cobbled streets in York visiting our old favourite places.


She has a beautiful house, needless to say a LOT nicer than the houses we lived in back in our student days...

Justine's homemade haven

Justine is a freelance designer/illustrator and it would be wrong not to give her a bit of free publicity. She creates handmade collages of English landmarks and turns them into cards. 


Main Street, Helperby


Contact justine@hindsight-interpretation.co.uk - for all your stationary needs...! 
(She really is very talented!)



No comments:

Post a Comment