Wednesday 15 August 2012

Halong Bay

We spent one night and two glorious day aboard a boat on Halong Bay. One of UNESCO's 'Seven Natural Wonders of the World', there are at least 3,000 limestone islands dotted around in the bay and it's absolutely stunning.







The cabins were luxurious compared to past ferry trips, and I possibly had the best night's sleep yet, rocked to sleep in the boat. This was, however, after being kept awake by a huge thunderstorm. I was sat bolt upright watching it unfold in the bay. I'm not one that feels particularly at home in water, so Tim had to physically show me where the hammer and life jackets were stored just to put my mind at rest... 

This flower started life as a potato.
We saw it carved in front of our very eyes.
Amazing feasts

Some of the islands are hollow with caves inside

Completely natural but looks like something from a sci-fi film


No comments:

Post a Comment